Dedicated Attorneys Providing Employment Litigation and Counseling Services
Employers sometimes fire employees for the wrong reasons, discriminate against them because of sex, age, race, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and do not properly pay workers for their services.
Culberth & Lienemann, LLP, in St. Paul, strives to ensure workers receive fair treatment in the workplace. We routinely try employment discrimination and harassment cases in the courtroom, and at agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Minnesota Department of Human Rights.
Representing A Diverse Clientele
Our lawyers represent individuals in a wide range of professions and industries, including:
- Government employees such as police officers, firefighters, members of the military, postal workers, teachers, college professors and administrators, and other city, county, state and federal employees
- Executives and professionals, including officers, executives, administrators, lawyers and accountants
- Laborers, including construction workers, janitors, factory and production workers, truckers, meat cutters, and warehouse, longshore and maritime workers
- Restaurant workers, including wait staff, cooks and chefs, hostesses, cashiers, bouncers, security guards and cleaning staff
- Hospital workers, including doctors, nurses, paramedics, ambulance drivers and cleaning staff
We handle employment law, discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation and harassment claims across Minnesota. We have successfully handled claims concerning discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, age, whistleblowing and other improper employment practices.
What Is Employment Discrimination?
The law prohibits making employment decisions based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, ethnicity, disability, age or association with others. Illegal discrimination does not always result in termination of a job. Sometimes it involves a demotion, failure to receive a promotion, discrimination in the terms and conditions of employment or reduction in pay.
As seasoned employment attorneys, we represent workers in every type of discrimination and retaliation case. This includes wage and hour disputes, unfair hiring practices, whistleblower or retaliation claims, and hostile work environment lawsuits.
Personal Representation Concerning Your Employment Matter
We listen to your concerns, explain your options and provide a frank assessment of your chances for success.
As an employee, you have the right to redress for illegal practices and unsafe conditions at the workplace. You have the right to make such claims without fear of discipline or loss of job. To find out more, contact our law firm online or by calling Culberth & Lienemann, LLP, at 651-243-6234.